Are you wondering whether your air conditioning system is working properly, doing the best job it can to cool your home, or maybe even on its last gasp? These six signs can help you diagnose whether your Air Conditioner is in need of attention from a trained professional, like the certified technicians here at Custom Climate Concepts.
- No Cool Air: This one is a no-brainer, right? When your living space warms up and you find your air conditioning system is not blowing cool air as usual it’s a sure sign something is amiss! Some problems are urgent like a frozen evaporator coil. Call us at 941-955-2665 so an an ac technician can check it right away.
- Strange Sounds: Is your AC making noises that you haven’t heard before. We’re not just talking about its usual start up and shut down sounds. Whether a groan, a buzz, a click or a whistle, it’s probably time to get that noise silenced through proper attention.
- Poor Air Flow: You can tell your AC is working: but the air flow feels like only a small percentage of how it usually runs. This could be anything from a clogged air filter to a broken motor, or even something more serious. Sometimes your motor is failing to run at the right speed
- Strange Odors: If pungent or foul smells start coming from your air conditioning system, you’ll want to deal with the issue before it becomes smellier. A quick diagnostic visit by a certified Air Conditioning Technician will ascertain whether your AC needs a tune-up, a complete cleaning session or a more complex solution.
- Thermostat Problems: If one part of your house is very cold and another part remains at the thermostat temperature or lower, time to get the device checked, and maybe replaced.
- Water Leakage: An active leak, or just discovering a pool of water on the floor around your air conditioning system are both signs that your cooling system isn’t running properly. Leaks can quickly damage your home and may even lead to serious structural issues.
Like any machine with moving parts an air conditioning system needs to be adjusted, monitored and cared for to ensure that it runs smoothly. Think about it. There is a compressor with fluids moving through your fan coil unit, a blower motor, condensate and of course dust, pet hair and even mold can cause problems.
Whether the signs point to a big or small problem Custom Climate Concepts is on hand to help. Call us today at 941-955-COOL (2665).