The longevity and durability of your central air conditioning system depends upon many variables, according to the experts at the nonprofit magazine Consumer Reports (CR). That’s why its most recent report is about the reliability and user satisfaction of central air conditioning systems rather than the consumer advocacy group’s usual hands-on testing results. Here are some of the reports’ findings:
Least Reliable Air Conditioner Brands
- 3 brands of AC systems are significantly more repair prone than others. These are the Heating & Air Conditioning product lines from Amana, Goodman and York.
- 1 in 5 of those three brands’ systems needed repairs in the past six years.
General Air Conditioning Repair Statistics
- 10% reported needing repeated repairs in the first year
- 18% reported that the system broke down completely
- 39% lost the use of their air conditioning system for at least a day
- 30% of those who had problems had to pay $150 or more for the repair
Most Reliable Air Conditioner Brands
- 3 brands of AC systems are significantly more reliable than others. They are American Standard, Rheem and Trane.
Custom Climate Concepts always chooses top quality products and materials including those from Trane and other reliable brands. Call us at (941) 955-COOL (2665) to discuss your air conditioning system needs. Stay tuned for more results from the Consumer Reports Air Conditioning reliability report – coming soon!