Maybe there isn’t anything inherently funny about AC Systems, but Custom Climate Concepts, your Sarasota air conditioning systems expert, likes to keep things light (and cool). Here are some interesting, and we think fun, facts about our industry.
Air Conditioning At Work
- Hotter states like Florida, plus Texas and Nevada, can thank air conditioning for their population booms. Without air conditioning, America’s economic power would rest squarely in the northern states.
- Ever since 1960, 60 percent of America’s economic growth can be attributed to air conditioning in the South and West where it has become possible to live and work year-long in comfortable conditions.
- Employers were initially suspicious of air conditioning, believing it would promote laziness. During the 1940s and ’50s, however, that attitude changed, as productivity was found to increase and absenteeism was reduced.
Air Conditioning In Medicine
- The field of medicine is one of the most benefited aspects of air conditioning. The formulation of important medicines and antidotes is made possible with the cool temperature inside the laboratories.
- Studies conducted by American researchers show that the chances of dying due to extremely hot temperatures have decreased by more than 80 percent over the last 50 years in the advent of air conditioning.
Air Conditioning Geeky Stuff
- The very first glimmering of the modern HVAC industry came way back in 1758, when Benjamin Franklin and John Hadley discovered that evaporating alcohol and other similar substances cools down objects enough to bring water to freezing temperatures.
- The United States Census Bureau and the American Housing Survey recently revealed that 72 million homes, or 65 percent, had central air conditioning and the other 22 percent have room or window units.
If you have any questions or need service call Custom Climate Concepts at 941-955-COOL (2665), or learn about our air conditioning maintenance plans.