Mold will not only damage your home, it also has a detrimental effect on you and your family’s health – as we learned in Part I of a three-part series, Mold: A Danger to Home & Health.
But, how do you know if your HVAC system has mold?
Major Signs of Mold in Your HVAC System
- There is a strong mildew or mold smell in your home.
- Family members are coughing, sneezing and/or congested.
- Your eyes, nose or throat are irritated.
- Your skin has developed rashes.
- You or other family members are experiencing headaches, nausea, dizziness and/or fatigue.
If you suspect you have a mold problem address it sooner rather than later. The nature of mold is to grow and proliferate, causing greater damage and sickness along the way.
Your best bet for eliminating mold that has settled into your HVAC system or ductwork is to call in a licensed HVAC technician. These experts are trained to identify and properly remove mold in equipment such as:
- Coils and drain pans
- Humidification and dehumidification equipment
- Air handlers
- Outdoor air dampers
- Air ducts
Schedule one of Custom Climate Concepts’ licensed technicians to come out to your home and inspect your HVAC system for mold today! Call us at 941-955-Cool (2665).