Florida HVAC Rebates
Florida Rebate Hunting 101
Upgrades to your home, including your climate control systems, can be expensive. It pays to do a little research about ways to put money back in your pocket – through available rebates and energy incentives.
The wrinkle is that finding the programs and making sure they are current is a moving target. Climate Control Concepts wants you to maximize your investment. That is why we have provided a guide to some of the more stable rebates and tax credits available. However, you must double check that they are still valid and current before you count your chickens.
Rebates for HVAC Systems and Energy Efficiency
Florida Power & Light
Air Conditioning Rebates
Buying a new air conditioning system is a big decision and investment. Purchasing an energy-efficient air conditioning unit will help you realize significant savings year after year.
Here are some of the conditions to qualify for a $150 air conditioning rebate from FPL:
- Purchase and install a complete new straight cool/air cooled high-efficiency A/C system. This includes both indoor and outdoor A/C units.
- New unit must have a SEER rating of 16 or 17.
- New unit must be installed in a single-family detached home.
Florida Power and Light
Residential Energy Efficiency Program
This is a wide-ranging program that offers significant rebates on the purchase and installation of qualifying energy-efficient equipment including:
- Heat pumps- Rebates from $140-$1,930 based on size & efficiency of the equipment
- Central air conditioners– Rebates same as for heat pumps
- Ductwork/Air sealing – Rebate up to $154
- Insulation – Rebates vary based on existing insulation levels
- Reflective roofs, metal or tile – $325
Single-family, multi-family and installer/contractor projects are applicable sectors for this program.
Florida Public Utilities
Residential HVAC Rebate Program
This program offers rebates for the installation of a heat pump or central air conditioner with a SEER rating of 14.0 or higher. Since the minimum heat pump and AC rating of any unit sold in 2017 must be 14, anyone installing a unit will qualify for this rebate. The rebate is $100. Single-family and multi-family residential units are eligible.
For more or new incentives check: Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency (http://www.dsireusa.org)