Setting our clocks forward for daylight savings time is a signal that summer is near. Before the weather starts to heat up too much, the smart move is to bring in a professional for a AC System ‘spring cleaning’ to ensure that all equipment is in good working order.
Spring air conditioning inspections and tune-ups are essential steps in system performance. Homeowners should not take for granted that a system that performed optimally last summer will do so this year when temperatures start to climb.
Various factors, including weather damage, dust and grime, mechanical wear and tear, and even rodent or insect infestations, can compromise HVAC systems. Since HVAC systems have so many moving parts, a thorough inspection of such systems can save headaches and money down the road.
What to Expect During Air Conditioning Maintenance Visit
During a spring visit, one of the licensed contractors from Custom Climate Concepts will make sure your Air Conditioning System is ready for the heat that we all know is coming. This may consist of:
- cleaning the unit
- checking controls
- calibrating the thermostat
- lubricating moving parts
- checking refrigerant levels
- tightening electrical connections
- clearing any clogs
The benefits of being proactive with your seasonal AC tune-up include:
- Improved efficiency: Proper maintenance can reduce energy costs by anywhere from 5% to 40%.
- Longer AC System lifespan: When a system is properly tended to it may keep working up to double the amount of time than one that is not maintained.
- Improved climate & air quality. A system that is running smoothly will generate a cooler, less humid home in the summer. Not to mention that fact that indoor air is also cleaner when equipment is in tip-top shape!
Do it before it gets hot! Call us Today at Custom Climate Concepts at 941-955-Cool (2665).